Thursday, April 23, 2015

Easter Recap

Often, it's equal parts excitement and pressure for me when people visit New York. The city has this larger than life reputation that makes putting together the perfect agenda stressful. Thankfully, I never really feel like this when my family visits. After four years at Fordham, their trips to the city are a breath of fresh air in terms of planning. I happily sit back and let my sister and parents tell me exactly what they want to do, and at most, I'll suggest a restaurant or arrange our activities in logical geographical order. For this reason, and the fact that we hadn't been all together since Christmas, I was super excited when my parents, sister, and grandmother decided to spend Easter weekend with me in New York. 

Easter came and went so fast, but below are just a few highlights I wanted to share from our weekend itinerary. We had the best time together which included amazing food, lots of laughs, and 3 of the 5 boroughs!


1. The Brooklyn Bridge

On Saturday, after brunch at Jane, we cabbed it to Dumbo to explore. We devoured ice cream at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory before making our way across the bridge into Manhattan. Living in the Bronx, it's always a nice to spend time in Brooklyn, since I don't get the time often and the Brooklyn Bridge on a nice day, although a mob-fest, is incredibly beautiful and picturesque.



2. Eataly

I love everything about Eataly. It's essentially an Italian marketplace with small specialized restaurants. On Easter weekend, we spent Saturday night here, eating dinner at La Pizza and La Pasta and dessert at Pasticceria. The food is amazing of course, and the homemade pasta is absolutely to die for.






3. Lafayette

Getting a brunch reservation in New York for Easter Weekend can be an absolute nightmare. Luckily, we were able to find one at a favorite restaurant of mine, albeit at an early10:00am. Lafayette is absolutely perfect. The interior is french inspired and absolutely everything on the menu is amazing. I especially love sitting outside when it's warm in the summer. 







4. The Mandarin Oriental

After brunch, we had drinks in the Lobby Lounge of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. This is definitely worth a visit just to enjoy a few cocktails with an unbelievable view of columbus circle and central park! 



For the rest Easter, we my sister and I took a walk through the village before we all made our way back up to the Bronx for dinner on Arthur Avenue's Enzo's. It's always nice to spend time with my family, especially in the city, and we definitely had the most wonderful weekend. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment